At California MENTOR, we believe that everyone is capable of reaching new heights and thriving in the community. Our services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities focus on personal choice while recognizing the specialized, and often complex, needs of the individuals we serve.
We understand that no two people are alike and tailor everything to meet the unique needs and preferences of each person. Our residential programs and support services are designed to help adults of all abilities live rich, meaningful lives in the community.
Whether individuals have spent their lives in institutional settings or lived with family members, we offer a range of services that are designed to meet their needs. With more than 15 years of experience, California MENTOR delivers effective home- and community-based programs that offer a variety of individualized supports, including:
- Family Home Agency: Offers opportunities to live in private family homes with nurturing caregivers who we call “Mentors”
- Specialized Residential Homes: Provides personalized services and opportunities for individuals with intensive needs to be active members of the community
- Independent Living Services: Prepares adults with the skills and confidence necessary to live independently
- Supported Living: Offers support with everyday needs for adults who have made the transition into independent living
- Day Programs: Helps individuals develop skills through structured activities
- College Programs: Provides support services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities looking to take college courses and pursue other interests
- Employment Services: Offers personalized vocational training and job-placement services
Each of our programs offers the individuals we serve the clinical, medical, behavioral and personal supports they need to be successful.